Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Seasons

This has been long awaited... by mostly me.. lol!
Well when I was in college we had once a week ladies devotions every girl on campus was required to attend (unless you called in sick for the day) Well at the time I was married so I was not required to go but did want to my friends where telling me that it was a guest speakers and it was gonna be really good! It was, it was really simple but was life changing for me! So I am sharing it with you...
So we as woman (and I think men too) have all four seasons in each month.
We have Spring ~ Bright, Energetic, Motivated and Determination. This is when we wake up in the morning we feel good about accomplishing great things, we are excited, we are not upset to tears about little things we just say "Hey when life gives you lemons... make lemonade!"
Then comes Summer ~ Summer is a happy time, we want to have bbq's and swim parties. We are focused, we know what is important to us (cuz we just spent last week getting organized, lol) We are all about family and values and life is still really good!
Then comes fall... Fall is not so bright in fact there are days where it is dreary and we are growing lazy as the days get shorter and the weather not so motivating... We are not so motivated we start to get lazy and relaxed we would rather settle in with a nice book, or play on facebook, we don't fall apart at the drop of a hat...yet. But we are starting to drift in that direction... our once happy go lucky attitude is now becoming I need some space or I will bit your toes off...
THEN comes winter. The storms are brewing and raging... and so are we (or at the very least we want to be!) We are in tears because we spilled our coffee and now the kids/ dog just ..... and we are done! "I am going back to bed I can't handle this today!" Or we are a battle ship who attacks anything that moves for simply moving... How dare they don't they know we are pmsing here!!! Gracious! find your own planet to move around it.. this one is mine!!! Forget happy dinners you'll be lucky if everyone makes it to dinner time, alive! lol Now some of us are more temperate than others our emotions are not as dramatic as others... yet the reality is we all have these "seasons" each month (some woman are temporally in a stage of hormone disharmony due to pregnancy or other life/health issues those stages are different and unique in themselves).
So now we know the problem, the symptoms what is the cure?? Well that one is not so simple What I am doing is, trying in my 2 weeks of motivated bliss keeping the motivation going long enough to accomplish the core things in life I need to. And staying up on the things that are require more motivation while in those stages! My pms happens to be my spring! lol and while on my period is my winter... go figure. Your schedule is different also. Learn who you are and what will best help you to be all God wants your to be in Fall and Winter when it is most challenging!

1 comment:

  1. That is a good way to handle it. I am not sure when my seasons hit. I will have to pay attention over the next couple of months and figure that out.

    ReplyDelete